I can’t believe September is already here and Summer is ending. A fun thing to do from NYC in the summer is taking a day trip to Atlantic City. Other than for dinner a few years back for my best friend’s birthday, this was my first time going to do what I do best, walk around and explore.
Getting to Atlantic City from NYC
The most convenient ways to get to Atlantic City from NYC is riding the Greyhound or Academy Bus from NYC Port Authority. I chose Academy and the ticket cost $40 with $25 credit for the slot machine at Bally’s Casino.
What to do in Atlantic City
- Visit the Casinos – Nowhere near, but often compared to the Vegas of the East Coast, Atlantic City has a number of Casinos to try your luck, eat and shop. I’m not a gambler, but for my first time playing on the slot machine I won all of my bus ticket money back.
- Take a Walk on the Beach and Boardwalk – took a stroll on the beach and famous AC Boardwalk. This was my first beach trip ALL summer. It was lightly drizzling, but I tried my best to get my feet wet.
- EAT – If you’re traveling with a group, Carmine’s in a great restaurant since they serve family style. On this trip, I ate a crab cake burger with fries from Harry’s Oyster Bar & Seafood
- Play Mini Golf – Walking down the boardwalk we discovered Atlantic City Miniature Golf. We played one round and it was a fun way to pass the time.
- Go Shopping – The last stop was the shops at Caesar’s Palace and the Pier. There are a number of stores to shop in this area as well as Tanger Outlets.
At the end of the night, I was able to pose for a beautiful view of the sun beginning to set over the beach and boardwalk. It was a well-spent day, but getting home was a headache. No one knew how to get back via the Academy. We stated at the initial stop, Bally’s and walked to Tropicana for a bus. Greyhound seems to be the popular bus option and I plan on using their services on the next trip.
Where have you gone for a day trip this or any summer?