I can’t believe September is already here and Summer is ending. A fun thing to do from NYC in the summer is taking a day trip to Atlantic City. Other than for dinner a few years back for my best friend’s birthday, this was my first time going to do what I do best, walk around and explore.
Getting to Atlantic City from NYC
The most convenient ways to take a day trip to Atlantic City from NYC is riding the Greyhound or Academy Bus from NYC Port Authority. I chose Academy and the ticket cost $40 with $25 credit for the slot machine at Bally’s Casino.
Top Things to Do on a Day trip to Atlantic City
- Visit the Casinos – Nowhere near, but often compared to the Vegas of the East Coast, Atlantic City has a number of Casinos to try your luck, eat and shop. I’m not a gambler, but for my first time playing on the slot machine I won all of my bus ticket money back.
- Take a Walk on the Beach and Boardwalk – took a stroll on the beach and famous AC Boardwalk. This was my first beach trip ALL summer. It was lightly drizzling, but I tried my best to get my feet wet.
- EAT – If you’re traveling with a group, Carmine’s in a great restaurant since they serve family style. On this trip, I ate a crab cake burger with fries from Harry’s Oyster Bar & Seafood
- Play Mini Golf – Walking down the boardwalk we discovered Atlantic City Miniature Golf. We played one round and it was a fun way to pass the time.
- Go Shopping – The last stop was the shops at Caesar’s Palace and the Pier. There are a number of stores to shop in this area as well as Tanger Outlets.
At the end of the night, I was able to pose for a beautiful view of the sun beginning to set over the beach and boardwalk. My day trip to Atlantic City was well-spent, but getting home was a headache. No one knew how to get back via the Academy. We stated at the initial stop, Bally’s and walked to Tropicana for a bus. Greyhound seems to be the popular bus option and I plan on using their services on the next trip.
Where have you gone for a day trip this or any summer?