It’s been a while since I’ve shared quick meals and today is all about lasagna stuffed bell peppers. I found this lasagna stuffed peppers recipe browsing Pinterest for low carb meals. While the recipe was great, low-carb was the goal so I excluded adding pasta altogether. If you’re looking for a delicious meal that literally takes minutes to cook, here’s a quick and easy lasagna stuffed peppers recipe to follow.
Ingredients for the Lasagna Stuffed Bell Peppers
If you’re familiar with making lasagna, creating the stuffed peppers should be a breeze. I went to my local grocery store to purchase the following ingredients.
- Ground Meat
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- Minced Garlic (optional)
- Pasta Sauce
- Bell Peppers
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
After cutting the peppers and removing the seeds, it was time to cook the meat and seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F
- Cut the top off of each pepper and remove the seeds. Season and bake for 15 minutes, to soften.
- Season and cook ground meat until the meat has browned on all sides.
- Add pasta sauce. Bring the mixture to a light simmer.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta & Parmesan with Italian seasoning and mix together.
- Remove the peppers from the oven
- Alternate with 2 tablespoons of sauce and ricotta mixture until the peppers are full. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Rest for 10 minutes before serving.
The total cook time is about 45 minutes. This lasagna stuffed peppers recipe is slightly modified because it doesn’t include pasta. You can eat the lasagna stuffed peppers by itself or serve with a salad. Try this lasagna stuffed peppers recipe for yourself and let me know what you think.
Have you tried lasagna stuffed bell peppers before?