I probably have a million recipes on Pinterest, but I have never made a “One-Pan” meal. With Cinco de Mayo around the corner, I decided to make a One-Pan Taco Macaroni and Cheese. It just so happens today is also “Taco Tuesday”. 🙂 In addition for it being tasty, it was very easy to make. Here’s a step by set rundown of the process in four easy steps.
Cook ground turkey (or ground meat of your choice) and season with black pepper, minced garlic and add bell peppers to the mix.
After all of the meat is fully cooked with the peppers, stir in black beans, corn, diced tomatoes and taco seasoning.
Add in the macaroni pasta, water (or meat stock) and cook until the noodles are tender.
The final look should look something like this. You can also top with cheese.
I received a lot of compliments when making it and it was very filling. Try it out and let me know what you think.
- Black Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Ground Meat
- Black Beans
- Corn Kernels
- Elbow Macaroni
- Meat or Vegetable Stock
- Taco Seasoning
- Diced Tomatoes
- Bell Peppers
- 1. In a large skillet, cook ground turkey (or ground meat of your choice) completely
- 2. Season with black pepper, minced garlic and add bell peppers
- 3. Stir in black beans, corn, diced tomatoes and taco seasoning at medium-high heat
- 4. Add in the macaroni pasta, water (or meat stock)
- 5. Bring to a boil and then lower to low-medium heat and cover the skillet with a lid. - cook until the noodles are tender
- 6. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese
- 7. Serve immediately