This post “Cold Weather Hair and Beauty Favorites” is not sponsored, but contain some affiliate links. For more information on the sponsored post and/or affiliate link policy, please click here.
We’ve been having some nice days in NYC for late fall, but don’t be fooled – winter is right around the corner. In addition to stocking up on sweaters and boots, I prepare my hair and skin for the potential harsh weather. Below are my hair and beauty favorites used during the cold weather months.
Cold weather for my hair means more protective styles and a slight change to my regular wash day routine. I put away the light oils and moisturizers and stock up on JBCO and heavy butter and creams. Here are my go-to beauty faves aka my “cold weather arsenal” for the fall and winter.
- SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Shampoo
- SheaMoisture Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Masque
- Aunt Jackie’s Curls & Coils In Control Anti-Poof Moisturizing & Softening Conditioner
- As I Am Double Butter Cream
- Tropic Isle Living JBCO
- Karen’s Body Beautiful Butter Love
Nobody likes dry skin or cracked lips…ever. Beauty essentials are needed year round, not just for cute spring and summer nights. Here are some of my old and new cold weather beauty favorites.
- Olay Ultra Moisture Moisturizing Body Wash With Shea Butter
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer
- Vaseline Intensive Care Radiance Restore Healing Serum
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
Honorable mention goes to Colourpop Cosmetics. This brand has been my latest obsession with purchasing the Back to Cool Lippie Stix back in September. I recently stocked up on the Ultra Matte Lip and fell in love all over again. Because I KNOW I don’t need anything, I will save my coins for a beauty splurge in the spring.
What are your hair and beauty essentials for the cold weather?