The e.l.f. Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask Kit was sent for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
The older I get the more I pay attention to my skin and what it needs. As a frequent traveler, it is common for the circulating air from the airplanes to dry out your skin, especially on long-haul flights. For my mini Euro-trip to London, Paris, and Rome, I made sure to pack a facial mist to keep my face hydrated post-flight. One week and six flights after, I made sure to give my face some post-vacation TLC with the Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask.
About the e.l.f. Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask Kit
e.l.f.’s Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask is a facial mask with magnetic properties and antioxidants such as Carrot Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Argan Oil. These oils are used to help replenish dry skin that is common for frequent fliers. The full Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask kit includes:
- Magnetic Mask: A lightweight magnetic mask enriched with antioxidants to help replenish and recharge the skin, while minimizing the appearance of pores for soft, smooth, makeup ready skin.
- Magnet Wand: A dual side magnet with a spoon for an easy and mess-free application.
- 20 Magnet Wand Covers: to make clean up easier.
If you caught my Instagram story (or beauty highlight) from a few weeks ago, you might’ve have seen my mini photo demo using the elf Magnetic Mask. In case you missed it, below are directions on applying the magnetic mask in 4 easy steps.
- Using the scoop end of the magnetic wand, apply the mask to a clean, dry face and leave on for 5-10 minutes. When applying the mask, make sure to avoid the eyes.
- Place the plastic wand cover over the magnetic wand tool. This ensures removal of the mask is mess-free.
- To remove the mask, hover over the surface of your skin and glide slowly.
- Discard the plastic wand cover after removal. You can also reuse by removing contents with a cleansing cloth.
As you can see, the end results show a moisturized face. The only drawback to using this mask for me is around the nose. It may take a little longer to remove, but it still works. In addition to post-vacation skincare, I recommend using the elf Beauty Shield Magnetic mask weekly with the Hydrogel Under Eye Masks on wash day or for a girl’s night in.